WHO BUDDIES ARE:
Buddies are [mainly] Russian students currently studying at HSE, who are voluntary helping international incoming students to get accustomed to life in Moscow and feel more confident in a new cultural and social environment. You receive a buddy upon your arrival and can request their help any time throughout your stay.
WHAT BUDDIES DO:
- Meet you at the Aeroexpress station (not at the airport!);
- Deliver you to your dormitory and help you with registration process;
- Provide you with general information (the infrastructure around dorm and campus buildings, useful apps, emergency telephone numbers, etc);
- Help you to deal with local documents and forms in Russian;
- Recommend you events and places in the city;
- Remain your first contact and accompany you in case of emergency;
- Re-direct you to a responsible person in case your question requires HSE administration's involvement.
WHAT BUDDIES DO NOT DO:
- Meet you during night hours (from 9 PM till 8 AM);
- Become your full-time personal assistant (respect their own time and space!);
- Offer financial or other material help.
For more details or in case of any problem/misunderstanding between you and your buddy, please, contact our HR team.